It’s that time of year to get your equipment ready for data collection!
For this guest blog post, we reached out to our friends at Enns Brothers — Dave Ives is a Field Advisor and put together a few tips to ensure the process is easy and efficient:
- Ensure displays and receivers are updated with latest software version.
- Creating a setup file within your platform with fields, guidance tracks, boundaries, crops/varieties, fertilizers, pesticides and additives ahead of time will save time in the field. Using these setup templates in all displays will ensure consistent information for all users.
- If you have WDT (wireless data transfer) capabilities, ensure your subscriptions have been paid to enable quick, effortless data upload.
- Make sure operators know the importance of collecting relevant clean data. Saves time down the road cleaning and processing data.
- Data collection has to be a team effort, however delegate a person to manage and follow up with operators throughout the process.