Location: Vancouver, Winnipeg, Remote
Farm At Hand is looking for a Software Development Manager to help lead and shape our growing software development team. We believe farm management apps should be made simple, straightforward and easy to use. As Software Development Manager you will be the point person ensuring the successful execution of our product roadmap and scaling the team as the business continues to grow.
Over the past few years we’ve leveraged lean and agile development practices to establish Farm At Hand as one of the leading Farm Management applications on the market. Now as part of the TELUS family we plan to continue building off our past successes and continue making farm management easier across Canada and around the globe.
We have offices in Vancouver and Winnipeg, but are willing to consider remote for the right candidate!
Check us out at: farmathand.com
The primary roles and responsibility will include:
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams spanning product, design, customer success and leadership teams to execute product roadmap and ensure quality of current products and services
- Grow development team as business and product requirements mature
- On-board new hires and ensure productive working environments for the entire team
- Own quality of code base from architecture to end-user
- Ensure timely and smooth deployments of new features and bug fixes
- Facilitate research and implementation of new technologies when beneficial for overall business outcomes
- Manage third party service providers (AWS, etc)
- Represent company in technical discussions with potential commercial and technology partners
- Help develop and maintain software development cycles
- Help estimate time and resourcing requirements of prioritized projects
- Remove blockers
- Maintain best practices relating to security, code, and reviews
Desired Skills & Experiences
- Experience managing web and mobile applications
- Perform software architecture assessments and code reviews
- 5 - 10 years in a software development/architecture capacity
- 3-5 years in a management capacity
- Experience managing integration projects with external partners.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to take initiative, own processes and work collaboratively.
- Positive mindset, enthusiasm, and energy
- GIS experience is preferred
What you’d enjoy doing with our team
- A results focused team working in a relaxed and comfortable environment
- Flexible hours and remote work possibilities
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Making decisions regarding the foundation and implementation of the future technologies within the company
Please submit cover letter and CV to [email protected]